Okay, here it is . . . my chili recipe. I know you've all been just waiting to get your hands on it. haha! It really is a good recipe, I make it a lot during the fall and winter. We have a Halloween tradition that started a few years back, where my family all comes over to my house and we take the kids trick-or-treating. Then, we come back to hot chili, warm rolls, and sometimes apple cider. So, without further ado, here is my non-award-winning chili recipe:
Best Ever Chili
2 pounds ground beef
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons dried oregano
4 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans with liquid
1. Combine ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large stockpot. Cook and stir over medium heat until beef is brown. Drain
2. Stir in chili powder, salt, oregano, tomatoes, and tomato sauce, break up tomatoes while stirring. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to simmer, and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
3. Stir in beans. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes; stir occasionally.
*This recipe makes a lot. I usually halve the recipe (unless people are coming over), or I make the whole recipe and freeze half.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















2 comments:
You chili SHOULD be award winning! The winner probably has a relative that works there or something because if everyone really tried ALL 3 chili's-- yours was the best BY FAR!!!
In fact, I enjoyed your chili for lunch yesterday... and today... and I can't wait until Halloween. That is one of my favorite traditions for sure.
That was really good! It should have won! We had it for dinner last night and I especially enjoyed the NKOTB soundtrack while I was cooking! I love the words to the songs- some are so funny!
Post a Comment