Monday, March 3, 2008

funny ryan story

This happened the other day, and Jodi said it was blog-worthy, so here goes . . .

Ryan is my ultra-responsible, mature-for-his-age child. He really is a big help to me with his brother and sister. Well, the other day he was having a bowl of cereal for a snack after school, and Emily wanted to sit by him and have a bowl, too. So I got her some cereal and asked Ryan to keep an eye on her so I could continue with my daily puttering (you know . . . laundry, laundry, and more laundry). Well, a bit later I heard Em crying, so I went up to check on them. Apparently, she decided to dump her cereal on the counter and spread it around (she does this sometimes . . . she's almost 2). Ryan proceeded to get her down, clean her off, set her on the mat (that's our time-out spot), set the timer for 1 minute (you know . . . one minute per year for a time-out), and clean up the mess . . . all by himself! The reason Emily was crying was because she was in time-out . . . she stayed on the mat when Ryan put her there!


3 comments:

Call Clan said...

Jaime,that is so funny!! I love responsible helpers. They make me so happy. Good job, Ryan. :-)

Cammee said...

Beats the heck out of tattling! That is hilarious, he is soooo cute!

Jodi said...

Are you sure your puttering didn't go more like this... (laundry, Webkinz, and more laundry)???

Just checking!